I found this absolutely AMAZING recipe over at SkinnyTaste and after trying it, I went ahead and used another 4 of her recipes to meal prepped my lunches this week AND prepare for some tasty dinner.
I loved the small kick of jalepeno that is present, as well as the freshness that is added with the red onion. If you’re looking for a filling, protein-rich salad, THIS IS IT!
ZESTY LIME SHRIMP AND AVOCADO SALAD
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt, black pepper to taste
- 1 lb jumbo cooked, peeled shrimp, chopped*
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 medium hass avocado, diced (about 5 oz)
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced fine
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- In a small bowl combine red onion, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Let them marinate at least 5 minutes to mellow the flavor of the onion.
- In a large bowl combine chopped shrimp, avocado, tomato, jalapeño.
- Combine all the ingredients together, add cilantro and gently toss. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 cup
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 197
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 221mg
- Sodium: 330mg
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 25g